Thursday, September 28, 2006

What are some of my favorite songs of all time? I'm going to make this a new feature every so often, whenever I feel like it. My first pick is:

1) Janet Jackson - "Someone to Call My Lover"
This song reminds me of a bunch of things. It reminds me of the summer after 8th grade, when everything seemed perfect and I thought I was the greatest shit on earth. More specifically, it reminds me of winning tickets to my first ever concert. I called into KISS 106.1's night show, which was still hosted by Candy & Jerry. I answered five questions that I remember in vivid detail, but will not repeat here for the sake of my dignity. And I won! I won two tickets to the Janet Jackson concert at Key Arena, plus my name on the VIP list for some club that has since been renamed. I was 14, so that second part didn't really mean much to me. Either way, the song is happy and reminds me of summer and is something I can listen to for the rest of eternity. So there you go.

And because I'm in the mood, here's another:

2) Nelly Furtado - "Shit On The Radio"
This song reminds me of freshmen year of high school. I got the CD at Costco, in Shoreline, and I remember listening to it when I got home. I freaking enjoyed it. I don't know what else to say, except that I think it's my most played Nelly Furtado song on iTunes.

No comments: