Friday, September 29, 2006

There is a poem, Thunder Perfect Mind, from the first century, and there is an excerpt that I would like to share :

...For I am the first and the last.
I am the wide and the virgin.
I am the mother and the daughter.
I am she whose wedding is great,
and I have not taken a husband.
I am the bride and the bridegroom,
I am the silence that is
incomprehensible
and the idea whose remembrance is
frequent.
I am the voice whose sound is
manifold
I am the senseless and I am wise.
...and establish the great ones
among the small first creatures.
Come forward to childhood,
and do not despise it because it is small and it is little.
And do not turn away greatnesses in
some parts from the smallnesses,
for the smallnesses are known from
the greatnesses.
I am the one who is honored, and
who is praised,
For I am knowledge and ignorance.
I am shame and boldness.
I am shameless; I am ashamed.
I am strength and I am fear.
I am war and peace.
But I, I am compassionate and I am
cruel.
Do not hate my obedience
and do not love my self-control.
But I am she who exists in all fears
and strength in trembling.
I am she who is weak,
and I am well in a pleasant place...
I am peace.
And I am an alien and a citizen.
I a the substance and the one who
has no substance.
I am control and the uncontrollable.
I am the union and the dissolution.
I am the hearing which is attainable to everyone
and the speech which cannot be
grasped.
I am a mute who does not speak, and great is my multitude of words.

I guess it's about the female psyche and intrigue.

No comments: