Sunday, April 22, 2007

Runway Songs

For the past few years, I've been scribbling down the names of songs that I think would be good for a runway show. Some songs, most recently Peter Bjorn and John's Young Folks and Justin Timberlake's SexyBack, find themselves on every runway for a whole season of shows. If I ever produce a show, it wouldn't be for several years for now, meaning these songs will have a retro charm (or so I hope...). Anyways, here's a partial list for now (don't steal these!):

- Hang Me Up To Dry - Cold War Kids
- Daydream in Blue - I Monster
- I Lost All My Money at the Cock Fights - Minus the Bear
- Benton Harbor Blues - The Fiery Furnaces
- Starlight - Muse
- Float On - Modest Mouse (in five or six years, it'll be perfect)
- Maneater - Nelly Furtado
- Hey Baby - Smile Future (hehehe)

There are a ton more, all of which are songs that I basically think of as very "walkable", songs that I like to listen to while I walk to class because they have a strong tempo and consistent, upbeat energy. More to come...

No comments: