Sunday, January 28, 2007

Fall in Love With...

Camilla Belle!
Actually, I'm not sure how much I like her. I know she's absolutely stunning in a completely modern, unconventional way, slightly exotic with her mother's Brazilian features. However, she looks like some odd slice of Midwestern outsider, who desires to be completely original and taken oh-so-seriously with absolutely no merit. Her look simultaneously familiar and fresh, haughty and desirable, quirky and tasteful. She certainly knows how to wear a dress better than anyone I know. I have to admit, I haven't seen any of her movies, most especially not When A Stranger Calls. She was in The Chumscrubber, which I always wanted to watch, as well as Rip Girls, the Disney Channel Original movie from 2000 that I never really got into. She was in the Miu Miu ads with Kim Basinger last year, and she's currently the face of Vera Wang's new fragrance Princess. She's in Vogue's Best-Dressed 2006 list. She can be either absolutely stunning or slightly off-kilter. I think that's what makes her worth watching, I just need to learn more about her acting skills first.

No comments: